De Salon: waan of werkelijkheid?
Wed 18 Mar ’2020:30Pand P Grote Zaal
Thu 23 Apr ’2020:30Kameleon
De Salon offers a stage to special city dwellers and local stories. In a talk show setting, Hanna and a guest curator enter into a dialogue with inspiring guests and the public. Live music, performances and art frame the conversations in the casual setting of a café.
Psychiatry is central to this Salon. How do we deal with abnormal behavior? When do we call someone a philosopher and when a psychiatric patient? And why do we love normal so much? With psychiatry experts and experiential experts, we explore the dividing line between delusion and reality.
Eva Preuter is 18 years old and has autism. Under the name ikschrijfkunst, she writes poems about what is happening in her head. She recites this Salon from her own work.
Autism consultant-speech therapist Anke van Wijk works at Lunet zorg, where she does diagnostics in the field of communication and autism. Anke takes Ute Butterweck with her, who has known that she has autism since she was 39 years old.
- Due to the Coronavirus, the performance of March 18, 2020 has been moved to April 23, 2020
- Pay attention! This performance now takes place in the Kameleon instead of Pand P.
- Excl. free drink
- Other Stormkamers on October 16 and May 27
Ilonka works as a teacher at Fontys OSO (Special Education Care Training Center) and as a coordinator of the Autism Association Southeast Brabant (SVA). As a teacher, supervisor and storyteller, she wants to bring people into contact with each other. By organizing encounters, she wants to highlight autism in all its diversity. As a member of the Valuation of Diversity knowledge circle, she also deals with themes such as becoming aware of opinions, beliefs and stereotypes.
"We have to accept that we all have a different brain and therefore act differently. I want to make people think and encourage them to just switch to that other person."
Ilonka introduces us to:
- Patissier Tomas Knoops, for whom autism is interwoven in his profession: perfectionism, structure, a personal vision but sometimes also a social challenge.
- Autism consultant-speech therapist Anke van Wijk works at Lunet Zorg, where she does diagnostics in the field of communication and autism. Anke takes Ute Butterweck with her, who has known that she has autism since she was 39;
- Musician Bas Jansen plays during this Salon songs and accompanies himself on acoustic guitar. He also has autism, his music works for him as a kind of medicine against chaos;
- Chantal Giller is diagnosed with autism and receives help at autism point, where she also enjoys working. During this Salon she talks about what it is like to be in society with autism.